Heeeelp, SNOWED IN Atlanta!!!!

OMG, it's snowing in the ATL and I am starting to get cabin fever.  To make matters worse I wasn't able to  make it back home last night and my duchess is home alone. : ( 

{Duchess}

It started downtown last night around 8 and by the time I packed my stuff up to leave the library (8:30), and got in the car it was coming down FAST & hard.  I made one stop at Trader Joes (5 minutes) and got back on the road.  I got about 3 miles before I couldn't go any further towards the freeway.  Car, trucks and buses were sliding all around, tires were spinning, IT WAS A NIGHTMARE!  My low profile "high performance" tires obviously were not made to perform in the snow.


I ended up using a lifeline to "phone a friend" who lives in the city and was pretty close by to where I was almost stranded.  It literally took an hour for them to get there to let me in while I sat in my car eating jalepeno Tostitos and listening to Anne Rice's Angel Time on CD.          

I will be so glad when I can get in my car and drive away.  I appreciate the crash pad, but I wish I were in my OWN place with my OWN things, curled up by the fireplace.  SNOW BE DAMNED!  I wanna go HOME!   

{Photo courtesy of Caboose Chronicle.com}

0 comments:

Post a Comment