New Pages...

Hey everyone,

I'm so excited about this year and my plans to expand this blog... amongst other ventures in my life.  Check out the new pages as they become available.

I loved my library page so much I decided to include it as a regular post (also, in light of the fact that I am impatient to see how it looks as I try to figure out why I am unable to view it as a free-standing page-- I digress). Anyhoo, Feel free to chime in and let me know what you are reading/plan to read this year.

Presenting... {tea.loves books}

A couple of years ago I made a New Year's resolution to read at least 1 book per month.  Can't really substantiate whether or not I achieved that goal, but it definitely got me to dust off some good-intentioned purchases from my bookshelf,  find my library card, plus send some business to the great Amazon.com.

The point is, that resolution was the kick that I needed to re-commit to reading more.  Alas, while many speculate over the decline of traditional publishing and the book as we know it, I for one, am here to support the cause!  As a writer, I am often asked the question, "what are you reading?"  This new section is designed to inform ye' public of precisely that...



The first 2 books I knocked off in 2011 were both by Augusten Burroughs.

{clapping my hands and thanking GOD for the ability to listen to books on CD while driving}
 
His stories are hysterically fanciful, and well... magical (as the 1st title implies).






My gone but not forgotten FAV. 5 from 2010...









{although i did not break-up with anyone this year... this book did give me some needed perspective about dating + stupid boys and what happens when you put the 2 together.  I highly recommend it to all my single ladies.





 




Stay tuned...as there is much more to come... Happy 2011!

0 comments:

Post a Comment